Skip to main content

Featured

20+ Simple Easter Recipes

Here are some Simple, Easy Easter Recipes you may want to add to your menu:

In My Kitchen - September 2015


It's time for another round of the very cool monthly happening called "In My Kitchen" run by Celia at Fig Jam and Lime Cordial. I can't believe it's already been over a year since joining in the fun!

So here we go....

This Month in my Kitchen...


August was hot, humid and dry. And busy... very, very busy. Work just seemed to be popping up everywhere for the both of us! September has started with a literal cloud above it, which hopefully breaks soon, we need the rain.
"I know to you it might sound strange, but I wish it would rain."
Classic Temptations! :)


Our Garden struggled with the heat and dryness but we have still been reaping the rewards. Eggplants, Hot Peppers, String Beans, Summer Squash, Okra, Tomatillos, and Tomatoes.



Kishore took me on a Birthday road trip to Boston. We had a great much needed relaxing time. :)



Birthday Presents from Russia...with Love!
My friends sent me this lovely birthday package: 
A painted tray that says "With Love", Hand carved Juniper Spoons, Hand painted Khokhloma Spoon, Cooking Spatulas, and Matryoshka Tea Towels.





Chocolate Pistachio Cookies, Recipe coming soon...


This month is my 3 year blogging anniversary stay tuned for a special post! :)

I finally joined Instagram! You can find me @cookingforkishore.
Feel free to instagram any recipes you try here and use #cookingforkishore. 
Looking forward to hearing from you all! :)

Please make sure you stop in and take a glance at everyone else's kitchens!

So tell me...What's happening in your kitchen this month?



If you're curious here's a link to what we were up to  during last year's In My Kitchen: September 2014

Comments

  1. What a lovely post. I enjoyed the youtube link about rain- will play this in our dry season. Great gifts from Russia and summer produce.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your both gorgeous and make a stunning couple. I love your Russian gifts esp the tea-toels and spatula are lovely. Your aubergines are quite amazing, I have never seen eggplants so thin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shaheen, he is a cutie! They are Japanese Ichiban eggplants, they grow long and slender; and are very fruitful growers. One plant has 5-6 full grown fruits at a time. They have a great taste, they also aren't bitter or as seedy as the Italian "Black Beauty" variety. :)

      Delete
  3. congrats on 3 years blogging. the time goes so fast doesn't it? i have been blogging now for nearly 2.5 years! love those gorgeous spoons and your lovely produce. and those cookies look great too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sherry! It really does go by so fast when you are having fun! Be sure to announce your 3 year too, let's start a trend!:)

      Delete
  4. This is lovely! I thought that shot of the pond was actually a beautiful ceramic dish at first. We are just entering Spring and I'm longing for some of those beautiful summer harvests. Beautiful gifts, happy birthday :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts