Skip to main content

Featured

20+ Simple Easter Recipes

Here are some Simple, Easy Easter Recipes you may want to add to your menu:

Spicy Sriracha Honey Cashews


Now that the school year has started, I thought it would be a good idea to post a healthy snack recipe for lunch boxes or afternoon snacking. I made these awhile back for an afternoon movie marathon snack...between Kishore and my Sister, they polished them off and then proceeded to asked if there was anymore! Now that being said, be prepared to make more pretty soon after the first batch! This is a great anytime, anywhere healthy snack. The cashews are lightly pan roasted, then covered with Spicy Sriracha Powder and drizzled with Local Raw Honey.
Here is my recipe for Spicy Sriracha Honey Cashews.



For the Spicy Sriracha Powder:
Makes 4 oz.
Ingredients:

4 Dried Red Chilies
2 Tblsp Dried Minced Garlic
2 Tblsp Dried Minced Onion
1 Tblsp Red Chili Powder
1 Tbslp Cayenne Powder
1 Tbslp Himalayan Pink Sea Salt

Grind into a medium fine powder.
Store in a clean glass container for up to 3 months.


For the Spicy Cashews

Ingredients:

1 cup Raw Cashews
1 Tblsp Spicy Sriracha Powder
2 Tblsp Raw Honey
2 tsp Red Chili Oil


Prep Work: Make the Sriracha Powder First!

1. Lightly pan roast the cashews, moving continuously over medium heat for about 3-5minutes.



2. Add Chili Oil and stir till fragrant, about a minute.



3. Add Sriracha Powder stir, and then add the Raw Honey. Stir until the cashews are coated.



4. Transfer to a plate and allow to cool before eating.


Packed and ready to go for lunch! :)


Enjoy!

Comments

  1. I love Sriracha sauce introduced to me by a Malaysian student when I was at Uni. Its had a firm place in my kitchen since, I love the sound of these Sriracha honey spiced cashews and would so love to make some as my movie snack too, I just have to try and remember the recipe instead of opting for nachos or popcorn. Thanks for sharing your Sriracha powder recipe too, I can see if doused on potato wedges, yum

    ReplyDelete
  2. My tongue would think it was in heaven with these cashews. What a lovely treat to offer guests.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, I never knew that you can do experiments with cashew nuts. Thanks for sharing recipe with us, will be trying it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts